What’s happening this week/weekend? As parents, we tend to get lost in the daily to-do lists and then find ourselves wondering at the end of the week what we are going to do with the family this weekend. So there we are, driving the kids home from school on a sunny Friday afternoon and the question hits, “Mom, what are we doing this weekend?” The terror set in; I hadn’t even thought about dinner and here I was supposed to have an agenda for the weekend? My answer: “Er…..uh…..stuff. Yeah, we are gonna do cool STUFF!” not wanting to over-promise and under-deliver.
That’s the scene for many parents this afternoon, but I’ve got you covered – you know, just in case you’re like me and hadn’t really thought about it.
Saturday, Feb 27th:
- Herman & Kate Kaiser are offering Sensory Storytime from 1-10th at 0:30AM-Noon at 5202 S Hudson, Suite B, Tulsa)
- Holland Hall Book Fair, $1/person. Holland Hall, 5666 E 81st ST, 8am-5pm. http://www.hollandhall.org for more info.
- Martin Luther King Jr. Board Game Day, Suburban Acres Library, 4606 N Garrison, Tulsa. Noon to 2pm.
- Kristin Chenoweth Broadway Boot Camp Audition: open casting call for students grades 9-12 starting at 9am. Callbacks will be on Sunday starting at 1pm. Broadway Boot Camp will take place June 6-10th at the Broken Arrow Performing Arts Center. For more info, call 918-259-5723.
- Manga-Ai! Manga/Anime Club (free). Come watch Japanese anime, sketch and discuss animation with others. For ages 12-18. Martin Regional Library, 2601 S Garnett Rd, 2:30-3:30pm.
- JBF Sale in Tulsa: huge consignment sale with clothing, toys, furniture and more. Expo Square/Fairgrounds. 2/28-3/5, times vary. See Tulsa Kids Magazine for a coupon for free admission (pg 44). http://www.tulsa.jbfsale.com
- Family Studio Saturdays @ Philbrook: explore making art, creative thinking, ideas, exploration and collaboration. Philbrook Museum of Art: 2727 S Rockford Rd. Drop in 12:30pm-3:30pm.
Monday 2/29 in Tulsa:
- Preschool Story Time at Bixby Library, 20 E Breckenridge, 11-11:30am
- Preschool Story Time at Broken Arrow Library, 300 W Broadway in Broken Arrow, 10:30-11am
- My First Storytime at Hardesty Regional Library (8616 E 93rd ST) 10-10:20am
- Fitness on the Green @ Fly Loft (free): Yoga at 5:30pm.
In Claremore this week/end:
- Daisy BB Gun Day at JM Davis Arms Museum, Sat 2/27, $3 for adults. Shooting gallery contests to win Daisy BB Rifle, 10a-3pm.
- Claremore History Museum, Open Saturdays ($2) 11am-3pm.
- Me & My Guy Dance, Father/Daughter Dance, 6pm, RSU Centennial Center.
- Claremore Faith Wild Game Banquet & Silent Auction, Family Life Center: 901 South Faith Lane. 6pm. Admission is $5 per adult, $3 for children ages 4 – 12 and admission is free for children 3 and under.
- Genealogy Assistance at Will Rogers Library, The Genealogy Volunteers are at the library every Monday evening (except holidays) to help with your genealogy research, assist in using the library’s genealogy databases, and answer questions. No appointment necessary, just drop by! (Please note: Volunteers are here to help, however they can not do private research for any individual family search.)
- Jr. Lego Club at Will Rogers Library, 4-4:45pm, ages 5-9, meets on the first Tuesday of the month.
- Color Me Happy, Adult Coloring Club at Will Rogers Library, 11am-12pm, materials provided but feel free to bring your own pencils.
- Baby & Me Storytime (birth to 2 years old) at Will Rogers Library, 9:30-9:55am
- Preschool Storytime (age 3-5) at Will Rogers Library, 10-10:30am